Aside from water, it is a protein which is the most abundant kinds of molecules found in the human body. It is a nutrient needed by the human body for growth and maintenance. The various and wide range of foods are sources of protein. But as in today’s world like many other things protein also comes in a more convenient and smart way. And that is protein pills. These are a type of dietary supplement that provides supplemental protein for the body. Animal or vegetable protein whatever you prefer can get in form of protein pills.
Various Forms Of Protein Pills
As protein supplements are very popular among athletes and professional sportsmen, it comes in various forms like tablet, capsules, chewable tablet, powder, etc.
Protein tablets are a good alternative to protein powders and shakes.
- Easy to carry with.
- Easy to consume.
- Unlike protein shakes they do not carry any extra calorie.
Protein capsules are a better alternative for those who have difficulties with swallowing pills. Thick, chalky protein pills now can easily be replaced with capsules.
- Can easily transport.
- No bitter taste.
- Capsules play together nicely.
- The delayed release of contents after capsule dissolve.
As mentioned earlier, many people choke while swallowing tablets or capsules. For those protein powders are the best weapon of choice.
- Quickly absorbent.
- Good taste.
Benefits we get through Protein Pills
According to medical research daily allowance (RDA) of protein for teens is 34 grams for 13-year olds, 46 grams for 14 to 18-year-old girls, and 52 grams for boys in the same age group are recommended.
- Patients who do not receive sufficient amounts of protein from their diets are recommended protein pills by medical professionals.
- Easier to get.
- Works exactly like the other food sources of protein.
Popular Protein Pill myth busted
1. Myth Protein Pills make you fat
Eating an excessive amount of daily calories can make you fat not the protein pills or protein supplements. If you undereat protein, it is harder for your body to add muscle.
2. Myth Protein pills are a waste of money
Protein pills are to help to maximize performance and overall health. Waste of money is just another exaggerated claim.
3. Myth Beside a good diet, one don’t need protein pills or supplements
A well-balanced diet is obviously a good start, but it is not necessary that you are getting all of your body’s nutritional needs. Protein needs can change and fluctuate because of age, health, stress and intense training. Protein supplements are considered as an insurance policy, one that fills in the gaps.
4. Myth Protein pills cause many side effects
Most of the ingredients contained in protein pills or supplements are found naturally in the human body, or in the food we take. Proper supplementation of protein yields minimal side effects.
5. Myth Athletes do not need any extra protein
It is worth saying that hard-working athletes do require extra protein. Exercises done by athletes causes teardown of the muscle tissues. Additional protein helps assist the body in repairing and rebuilding that damaged tissue.
What FDA says about these pills?
Products taken by mouth that contain a ‘dietary ingredient’ are defined dietary supplements by FDA law. There is no restriction or negative review about FDA approved protein supplements. But FDA has presented some cautionary steps while taking protein pills.
- Protein supplements are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or alleviate the effects of diseases.
- Using supplements improperly can be harmful.
- A few supplements can have undesirable impacts previously, amid, or after a medical procedure.
- Most importantly, one should consult with medical professionals before consuming protein or any other food supplements.
Who Should Take Protein Pills?
Protein pills or supplements are no longer the exclusive territories of bodybuilders and elite athletes. The story is quite different today. Protein pills are now consumed by many.
- People receiving an insufficient amount of proteins through their daily diet.
- Professionals who can’t get a proper diet for a busy schedule.
- Older people need more protein.
Do’s and Don’ts
Protein pills or supplements usually do not contain active ingredients that can have strong effects on the body. But as precautionary measures, always are alert to the possibility of unexpected side effects, especially when taking a new product.
- Make sure to add a lot of liquids to take off parchedness in the event that you expend protein pills or supplements.
- Don’t take protein pills without your health care provider’s approval.
- Protein pills should not be taken in place of, or in combination with, prescribed medications without the approval of a medical professional.
- Read the user manual of the protein pills or the supplements very carefully before consumption.
Protein pills or supplements can cause side effects or harm when people take them instead of prescribed medicines or when people take many supplements in combination. And excessive use of protein supplements can harm your body as well.
- Taking protein pills or supplements before or after surgery can increase the risk of bleeding or they can affect the person’s response to anesthesia.
- Protein pills can also interact with certain prescribed drugs in ways that might cause problems for the consumer.
- Can cause imbalance nutrition.
- As some protein pills are fortified with dietary fiber, others aren’t, and falling short of one’s suggested daily fiber intake can cause a variety of digestive issues in the future.
- Protein pills or supplements themselves are not definitively associated with heart or kidney problems, but long-term consumption of protein pills are.
- Can cause hormonal disruptions.
- Excessive use of protein pills can cause much weight gain and relevant problems with that.
Some Recommended Protein Supplements
In super shops or in medical stores, one can find a variety of protein pill products. With those various names, people can easily be in a fix. Here, we can suggest some of the product names with their key features.
Nature’s Blend Protein Tablets
Nature’s Blend chewable protein tablets are honey flavored protein pills from Nature’s Blend. It comes in a bottle. Each bottle contains 200 tablets.
Key Features of This Product
- Nature’s Blend Protein tablets.
- Chewable soy protein in tasty honey flavor.
- Perfect for people who don’t like protein shakes.
Manufactured by ALR Industries Humapro Tabs are protein matrix formulated for humans. A bottle contains 450 Tabs.
Key Features Of This Product
- 100% Absorbed & 99% Utilized by the Human Body
- Optimal Amino Acid ratio for human absorption
- Produces virtually zero waste
- 100% pre-digested, no gastrointestinal discomfort or bloating
- 250% greater body fat loss than whey protein
Each bottle of Vital Proteins contains 120 capsules. Capsules come off pasture raised, grass-fed beef liver extract. Manufactured by Vital Proteins.
Key Features Of This Product
- Nature’s most potent nutrient-dense superfood
- High in Vitamin A, B12, Folate, Riboflavin, Zinc, Copper, and Choline
- Sourced from Pasture-Raised, Grass-fed New Zealand Beef
- 3400 IU (70% DV) Vitamin A per serving, 13.6 mcg (230% DV) B12 per serving
- 30 Servings per bottle
100% grass bolstered undefatted Argentine normal beef liver supplements. Each bottle contains 120 capsules. Manufactured by Perfect Supplements
Key Features Of This Product
- Idealize dried and undefeated beef liver has been dried into powder shape for less demanding utilization while keeping up its superfood status.
- A great wellspring of iron, protein, B Vitamins, and the most astounding concentrated wellspring of vitamin A found in nature.
- Receives ingredients are healthy dairy animals that live on grass. Our dairy animals brush on the crisp Argentine soil. Field raised bovines are more advantageous and more joyful than grain-nourished dairy animals, giving you a more beneficial last item!
- Gives the advantages of crude grass-encouraged meat liver all in a helpful case! Genuine, crude liver advantages, with a substantially littler dosage of the taste, and none of the surface!
- Beef Liver contains All of the B vitamins. It gives vitality and helps animate the resistant framework. The liver is a champion among the most supplement thick sustenances in nearness, and you would now have the capacity to consume it adequately and gainfully with our cases!
Manufactured by Mint Natural Health, Spirulina superfood is high in protein, Iron and vitamins. Each bottle of Spirulina contains 120 capsules.
Key Features Of This Product
- Spirulina comes with supplements. Examples include Vitamin A (beta-carotene), B Vitamins, and GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid). These are fundamental unsaturated fats, bio-accessible iron, and phytonutrients with solid cancer prevention agent and mitigating exercises.
- It has one of the most elevated convergences of protein in any plant, herb or creature on a gram by gram premise and it is effectively absorbable by us!
- Spirulina underpins safe capacity, which is the body’s characteristic first line of the guard, cardiovascular wellbeing and mental wellbeing.
- Spirulina can help detox the body, tidy up free radicals and give cell security.
Things to watch out for while buying
Nowadays, many protein pills or supplements contain other food supplements like vitamins, minerals etc. as well.
- Health issues related to those other supplements added with protein pills
- Medical conditions related to the components of protein pills
Because the world these days has become busy, it is very difficult for everybody to maintain a balanced diet. On the other hand, there’s a wide variety of supplements and health products. So, finding the right nutrition that body needs is difficult. Protein is the thing which can cause a great damage to our body function if it is not there in plenty. Protein pills are one of the better options if we do not get sufficient protein from our regular diet. With professional’s advice, one can easily fill the gap of protein limits of his/her body by those protein pills.