Protein powder is a supplement, it isn’t a whole food. Using variety of processing methods protein powder is created by extracting the protein from a food. Protein can be separated from any nourishment. But when the tale comes to lactose free protein powder, then definitely it is a milk based protein supplement.
Lactose is type of sugar found in milk and milk products. An enzyme called ‘lactase’ is needed for the biochemical reaction that involves breaking down lactose in human body. ‘Some people’s bodies do not produce enough lactase to break down the lactose they take. They face problem in digesting gor simply can’t digest milk or milk product well. These people are said to have ‘lactase deficiency’ and are called ‘lactose intolerant’. Lactose free protein powder is great solution for those people who are ‘lactose intolerant’. From lactose free protein powder one can easily fill up his/her milk protein deficiency.
Difference between lactose free and dairy free
If a product is labeled as lactose free that does not mean it is necessarily dairy free. People who search for dairy-free products may be vegan or have an allergy to dairy.
Lactose-free products are prepared from real dairy, while dairy-free products contain no dairy at all. This is the main difference between lactose free and dairy free products. Dairy-free products are prepared from plants. Plants such as nuts or grains are used to make dairy-free products. Neither lactose-free products nor dairy-free products contain lactose.
Features of lactose-free protein powder
Lactose free protein powders are made from real dairy just without the lactose. It includes all the other natural vitamins and nutrients that come with it.
- Made from real dairy. So, one can keep dairy in their diet without discomfort
- Contains all the other components of dairy
Why Need lactose-free protein powder?
Lactose narrow-mindedness is extremely normal, particularly in grown-ups. As per the U.S. National Library of Medicine, by the age of 20 around 30 million Americans have some level of lactose narrow mindedness. Side effects, for example, swelling, gas, spasms, looseness of the bowels and queasiness are extremely regular in individuals with lactose bigotry. People with lactose narrow mindedness may ready to eat little measures of items that contain lactose without encountering any manifestations. Once in a while they might have the capacity to endure items, for example, yogurt or goat’s drain more effortlessly than cow’s drain.
Dairy protein ought to be at the highest point of our day by day sustenance graph. Individuals who don’t get adequate drain or dairy protein because of ‘lactose bigotry’ can utilize lactose free protein powder as a supplement.
Dairy protein should be at the top of our daily food chart. People who do not receive sufficient milk or dairy protein due to ‘lactose intolerance’ can use lactose free protein powder as a supplement.
- Good supplement for ‘lactose intolerant’ people.
- Easier to get.
- Works exactly like the main source of protein.
- Get the taste of milk product without feeling bad later.
How is lactose free protein powder different from other products like capsule/pill, etc.?
As mentioned earlier, lactose free protein powder is for the people who have ‘lactose intolerance’. This kind of powder usually comes only in powder form. Lactose free protein supplements are not there in the market yet.
Lactose free whey protein
Whey protein products are one of the most popular supplements on the market today. Whey protein is simply the bi-product of making cheese. Remove water and casein content from this bi-product. What do you see? It’s whey protein concentrate.
As whey protein comes from milk, so it would be natural to think that whey protein contains lactose. Whey protein isolate incorporates less than 1 percentage lactose. This capability pure whey protein isolate carries very little lactose. Medical professionals recommend people to consume whey protein isolate without the fear of lactose intolerance.
Dairy free protein shakes
As discussed earlier dairy free protein products are the results of a combination of plants, such as nuts or grains. It contains no dairy at all.
Some interesting fact about dairy-free products-
- Most almond milk contains only 2% real almonds. The rest is water, sugar, and additives.
- Most soy milk comes with added sugar. The processing phase involves the use of vitamins, minerals, and thickeners.
The most common protein powders contain whey or casein, both of which come from the dairy. Soy is a common vegan powder, and hemp, brown rice, or pea protein powders can all enhance the diet as well.
Who needs dairy free protein?
- Lactose intolerant
- Don’t like milk
- Don’t like the taste of milk
What’s in the Dairy-free protein?
- By planning meals carefully vegans can get enough protein from dairy free protein.
- Need a variety of different plant based protein.
- Target good quality of protein sources.
When to take the dairy free protein shake?
- Straight after a training or workout session.
Some best dairy-free protein powders to make your shake
- Form Performance Protein chocolate peanut
- Vega clean protein chocolate
- Purition chocolate vegan hemp
- Liberto organic dark chocolate with sour cherry
- Zaggora protein smoothie vanilla
The recommended dosage of lactose-free protein powder
The Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for protein is 0.36 grams for each pound of constitution weight. This likens to 54 grams for a 150-pound individual.
Nonetheless, the number increments on the off chance that you are generally dynamic. What’s more, it can in reality twofold on the off chance that you are exceptionally dynamic.
Safety precautions to follow
Usually lactose free protein powders do not have any side effects to discuss about. It may cause side effects or harm when people take them instead of prescribed medicines or when people take many supplements in combination. And excessive use of protein supplements can harm your body as well.
So to be in a safe side medical professional or a dietitian prior taking any supplements. One should also look the ingredients and nutrition facts while buying products.
Are lactose free protein powders (powder products) FDA approved?
Products taken by mouth that contain a ‘dietary ingredient’ are defined dietary supplements by FDA law. There is no restriction or negative review about FDA approved lactose free protein powder. But FDA has presented some cautionary steps while taking any supplements.
- Protein supplements are not suitable for any treatment or diagnosis purpose. Also, it may not help you with the cure or alleviation of pain or diseases.
- Using supplements improperly can be harmful.
- Some dietary supplements can also have undesirable effects before, during, or after surgery.
- Most importantly, one should consult with medical professionals before consuming protein or any other food supplements.
Top lactose-free protein powders
1. ISO 100
ISO100 is simply muscle-building fuel. Each serving contains 25 grams of protein and 5.5g of BCAAs including 2.7g of L-Leucine. Manufactured by dymatize.
Key features of this product
- 25g of Whey Protein Isolate
- 5g of BCAAs proven to help build muscle and aid in recovery
- 1g of Sugar per serving
2. Zero Curb Isopure
With 50 Grams Of Protein From 100% Whey Protein Isolate. Manufactured by Nature’s best.
Key features of this product
- 25g of protein per serving.
- Protein From 100% Whey Protein Isolate
- Without gluten, lactose or any other filter.
3. Platinum Hydro whey
Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Powder to Build Muscle. Manufactured by optimum nutrition.
Key features of this product
- 30 grams of ultra-pure protein per serving
- Nearly 9 grams of leucine, isoleucine and valine (BCAAs)
- Contains digestive enzyme for enhanced utilization
Maintaining a balance diet is necessary. And keeping in mind about one’s allergies and food intolerances are equally necessary. In modern world food supplements have given you the edge of choosing the right food components or enzymes which you are not getting in plenty through your diet.
For the people who have ‘lactose intolerance’, lactose free protein powder is great choice to keep dairy in their diet and dietary supplements. They can easily enjoy the delicious taste of the milk products as well.